A creative and dynamic individual, not afraid to try new things and challenge the status quo whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism. Pride in your work and attention to detail are paramount.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, you will be mainly responsible for supporting existing marketing campaigns, researching and proposing new campaigns, updating the website(s), social media pages and corporate literature, and provide administrative support to the Events and Sales teams.
- Assist with the production and upkeep of marketing materials and literature, such as web content, promotional brochures and press releases.
- Assist with the production of creative content, including videos, graphics and written copy.
- Assist with the collation of information for promotional literature.
- Assist the Events team in the running of exhibitions and seminars, by driving registrations and creating content to be used in event promotions.
- Upload material to the website(s), social media pages, online libraries and marketing department databases.
- Identify and research new trends in marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments.
- Oversee a social media strategy and run social media channels (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn) to enhance audience engagement.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns (as part of a wider sales and marketing strategy).
- Evaluate marketing campaigns using tracking and analytical software and assess the results, preparing weekly or monthly reports for management.
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports. Attain key performance indicators such as reducing the website bounce rate, increasing dwell time or improving conversion.
- Continually work on the Search Engine Optimization of the website(s).
- Fix any errors or bugs in online content.
- Encourage other departments in the organisation to take part in promotional activity.
- A sound knowledge of B2B and B2C marketing, with a desire to learn and try creative new ideas.
- Strong copywriting skills with excellent spelling and grammar, adopting a professional corporate tone in all communications.
- Good organisational skills. You will be required to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- IT skills: You will need to be proficient in MS Office (especially PowerPoint), Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and video editing software such as Corel Video Studio X10.
- Web skills: A good working knowledge of HTML and WordPress (although training will be given). You will need a strong knowledge of search engine optimization and web analysis tools.
- Interpersonal skills: You will need to build relationships with a wide variety of people. A personable manner, a proclivity for team-working and adaptability are all important. You will need to be able to explain your activities coherently and confidently to others and you may be required to present at internal team meetings.
An undergraduate degree in marketing (or a professional marketing qualification). Ideally, qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), such as the Foundation Certificate in Marketing or the Certificate in Professional Marketing, are advantageous.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a B2B or B2C marketing role.
Experience of the workplace learning sector highly advantageous.