- Information acquired/provided through our Website or the website of any member of the LPI (collectively the ‘Websites’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Websites, subscribing to our services, personalising the Websites with your preferences, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by any member of the LPI, when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with the Websites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your access to our online resources or other materials.
- Providing CVs or other information about yourself for specific purposes.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to either the LPI or our advertisers/partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- to update and enhance our records
- to compile information relating to your use of our products and services and make recommendations about goods and services and other areas that may interest you
- to ensure the content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about LPI goods and services which may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we or permitted third parties will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can opt-in/out of such notifications by following the instructions on the relevant forms set out on this Website (or elsewhere as applicable) or at any time after providing your information
- inviting you to participate in research studies and/or market research activities
- we may analyse your data to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information
- to respond to queries from members of the public about your membership status
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your data as undertaken by us
- where we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will never sell your data to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Act or have any other related queries, please email email@example.com
We encourage users to share our content and/or like our on profile on the popular Social Media websites Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn. In order to make ‘Social Sharing’ accessible, our website utilises widgets either provided directly from the Social Networks and/or via amalgamative widgets from third parties such as AddThis. Cookies and privacy implications from the social networks vary and will be dependent on your nominated privacy settings with each Social Network. Social Sharing buttons will only deploy cookies if you are signed to that respective Social Network at the time of being on our website.
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google’s Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer aGoogle Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
As mentioned above, upon your first visit our website displays a banner at the top of the page alerting you about cookies being deployed by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store an anonymous cookie to remove the alert banner for 28 days. To prevent this cookie being stored, simply do not accept and close the alert. If you have already accepted the alert and you wish to remove the cookie, please clear your cookies within your browser settings.
Our website, either in full or in part, is built on the popular open-source CMS framework – WordPress. WordPress utilises cookies to allow visitors to register, login and comment on our website’s content. If you do not wish to participate in commenting on our website, WordPress will not deploy any cookies onto your device. Cookies will only be created by WordPress if you actively register or comment via the clear forms on our website.
Visitors can choose to contact us via enquiry form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with a ‘CAPTCHA’ challenge to ensure the submission is from a living person, rather than a computer bot. This CAPTCHA challenge creates a cookie that is used only to check the input response from the user is correct. The CAPTCHA cookie does not store any other information from your enquiry.
Our website may have our Google Maps/Places profile embedded within an iframe. Google Maps creates cookies that enable the functionality of their powerful mapping software. No personal information is stored or shared on the cookies deployed by Google Maps/Places
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
_utma, _ga, _gat – A Google Analytics cookie, which keeps track of the number of times, a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
_utmb – A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site.
_utmc – A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves the site.
_utmv – Used for reporting in Google Analytics classifying the visitor.
_utmz – A Google Analytics cookie which tracks where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords used, and where in the world the site was accessed from.
PREF, NID – This cookie is set by Google Maps when you load a map of our location
wp-settings-1, wp-settings-2, wp-settings-3, wp-settings-time-1, wp-settings-time-2, wp-settings-time-3, wordpress-test-cookie, devicePixelRatio – This is a cookie is to verify if you are logged into the website or not.
wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in – WordPress cookie for a logged in user.
comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url – When you enter a comment on this site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email and website address.
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many anti-spyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about anti-spyware software – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. As mentioned earlier in this page you call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Last modified May 2018